Rib-eye steaks with chilli butter & homemade chips
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cook time - 45 minutes
- 2 grass-fed rib-eye steaks - buy online or in-store
- 50g butter, softened, plus a little extra
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- juice and zest ½ lemon
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 handfuls mixed salad leaves
for the chips:
- 450g floury potatoes, such as Estima, King Edward or Maris Piper, peeled and cut into chunky chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- For the chilli butter, mash the parsley into the butter with the chilli, a squeeze of lemon juice, the zest and some seasoning. Chill until firm.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. For the chips, toss all the ingredients on a baking tray, then season. Roast for 35-45 mins until golden and crisp.
- Heat a good glug of oil into a medium-hot frying pan. Add the extra butter and the seasoned steaks, fry for 2-4 mins on each side, then transfer to plates.
- Toss the leaves with olive oil and lemon juice. Divide between the plates, add the chips and top each steak with a piece of chilli butter.
Thankyou to BBC Good Food for the recipe!