Black Angus eye fillet with peppercorn sauce and herb mash
Preparation time - 12 minutes; cooking time - 35 minutes
- 750g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 70g butter
- 4 x (220g) Black Angus beef eye (scotch) fillet steaks
- Sea salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green peppercorns, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cream
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 bunch chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 15 mins or until tender; drain in a colander.
- Add cream and 60g of butter to pan, mash until smooth. Keep warm.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Cook meat for 1-2 mins each side. Transfer to a baking tray. Roast for 12 mins for medium-rare. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining butter in the same frying pan. Increase heat to high, add wine, boil until a glaze.
- Add peppercorns, garlic and cream, cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir herbs through mash and serve with steaks and sauce.
- Watch your family smile!
Thanks go to Taste.com.au for this recipe! To buy the fillet steak for this recipe, click the link above in the ingredients list.