Roasted grape & bacon-wrapped filet mignon
Preparation time - 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (nice and hot).
- Place a piece of parchment paper in an 8×12 glass baking dish (for easy clean up, but no big deal if you don’t have any).
- Throw your grapes, balsamic vinegar, and coconut oil with a bit of salt on top into your baking dish and toss to coat.
- Roast grapes for about 25 minutes or until soft.
- When there is about 10 minutes left for your grapes to cook, pull out a medium skillet and place over medium heat.
- While your skillet heats up, wrap your bacon around the outer rim of your filet mignon. Use a toothpick to press through part of the meat to connect your bacon ends. Don’t want that bacon sneaking away from your meat!
- Salt both sides of your filet mignon, just a little bit.
- Now first place your bacon sides onto your hot skillet to release some of the fat to cook the meat on.
- Cook bacon on all sides for about a minute each side, then place your filet mignon into the bacon fat and cook for around 4-5 minutes per side (this time will depend on how thick your filet mignon is and how you prefer yours cooked. mine was cooked to medium rare).
- Top filet mignon with roasted grapes and a bit of the leftover balsamic vinegar that is reserved in the baking dish.
- Be incredibly happy!